Opened the e-mail this morning to see a place in NYC wants me for a different J-E document review starting next Wednesday. I also have an interview for perhaps a yet another J-E document review here, for tomorrow.
Have replied to the NYC place that I am interested , but need some questions answered; one of which is compensation. It’s not bad, but I will need of course to pay for lodging there and second, given the subject matter, there’s a better than even chance I will personally know some of the people, whose names are on these documents; -i.e., I bring more to the table than others.
The NYC project I was told , will be a long-term one, 6 months. A long time to be away from home, but also 6 months of income. The DC project may be of much shorter length but it also will be better compensated per hour and I can commute from home.
So these I must balance out. and make a decision.
Of course all this is moot if I am called for an interview for a real job and am made a real job offer.
Had an odd moment the last couple of days; heard the school bus pass by the front of the house in the afternoon, as it always does, and thought for a second that son would be walking through the door soon. Of course he wouldn’t be.